Based in Toronto, Canada
June 25, 2013
Press / Business contact:
A Knight's Quest is an action-adventure-RPG inspired by The Legend of Zelda and Metroid with an emphasis on humor, exploration, and combat. You control Rusty, a bold yet clumsy adventurer who accidentally releases an ancient evil into the land and must set things right. With the power of the mysterious Spirit Shield, Rusty can separate his spirit from his body to solve puzzles, gain access to new areas, and combat spectral enemies. Over the course of the adventure you will discover new items and abilities that change the way you interact with the world, upgrade skills and weapons to suit your play-style, and converse with NPCs using a full dialog system. A Knight's Quest is all about having a fun, light-hearted adventure and a worthy challenge.
- A robust combat system revolving around the use of 3 weapon types with different attacks and special abilities. Alternate between slow, powerful attacks with the Frozen Hammer to chaining lightning-fast combos with the Dual Magma Daggers.
- Unique abilities that change the way you interact with the environment from grinding on rails and running on walls, to a rune that slows down time, to wings that allow you to take flight, there are many treasures to find.
- Split into spirit form and experience a whole different side of the world.
- In addition to healing, potions can be crafted to boost combat prowess or grant invisibility. At harder difficulties the only way to heal is by using potions!
- Find skill orbs hidden through-out the world upgrade within 3 distinct skill paths. Customize your skills between raw power, evasiveness, and tactical combat.
- Upgrade weapons using items found throughout the world and enhance their effectiveness.
- A massive world to explore full of secrets, upgrades, side quests and deadly dungeons. Constant unique gameplay elements keep you on your toes.
- A charming coming-of-age story of adventure and what it means to be a hero.
A Knight's Quest has been in development since March 2015 and will be available for backing on Kickstarter in October 2015. We are on track to have the game on Steam Early Access by Q3 2016 and will be entering it into game festivals in 2016. Our official announcement is August 2015 with the release of our teaser trailer.Inspirations
A Knight's Quest follows the basic structure of a Zelda/Metroid game: you will progress through the world in a somewhat linear way by discovering new items and abilities that let you enter new areas. It most closely resembles Majora's Mask however, in that you are not prohibited from exploring any area of the world, even if you're not prepared. Another big inspiration is the Monkey Island games with their humor, emphasis on dialog with NPCs, and atypical puzzles. We love Pixar movies and are aiming for the game to be similar in tone and style to The Incredibles, where there is a sense of real threat and danger, but it's still something anyone can enjoy.
A Knight's Quest: Spirit Shield - Teaser YouTube
There are far more images available for A Knight's Quest: Spirit Shield, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Past Awards & Recognition
- "Shooter of the Year - Raze" - FGS 2011
- "Players Choice - Raze 2" - FGS 2012
- "Best Shooter - Strike Force Heroes" - ArmorGames 2012
- "Best Sound Design - Siegius Arena" - FGS 2013
- "Best Shooter - Strike Force Heroes 2" - ArmorGames 2014
- "Best Shooter - Raze 3" - ArmorGames 2015
A Knight's Quest Gameplay
For more info on the game and it's gameplay, check out knightsquestgame.com.
For more info on us and our games, check out sky9games.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator